4 Dec 2013

Diary Entry - 15 "Twist of fate and rise of The Imperfect Notes"

Hola Jenny, How are you? Did you miss me? I am having the busiest days of my life I guess. My exams are almost over Jenny, but I want to tell you a sad news. I am not gonna be an engineer this time also. The questions were too tough and I don't think I will pass. What to do Jenny? I really wanted to pass this time, but I think my time hasn't come yet. :( So sad. Ah leave it. I don't want to make you too sad. So, what's up?

Today I am gonna tell you a story that changed my life. The story of "The Imperfect Notes". I never even dreamed of being a singer in this life when I was schooling. I used to sing at school, not in stage or a platform but in the classroom, with very low voice. Only a few of my friends knew I could sing. Not even a single faculty. I really liked singing before my friends. I still remember one of my friend at school named Shereef, he used to say, I will definitely become a singer one day. But I don't know, I never had that kind of a thought. I just wanted to make my friends and myself happy. So during my first year of college too not many of my friends knew I had some singing talents. Actually there was another singers in my class, coz of them I never got a chance to sing. :D (Hehe no issues) Rachel and Riya was the singers of our class. Srimathi teacher used to make them sing on a regular basis. :) I still remember Rachel singing a christian devotional song and Riya, some classic malayalam high pitched songs. :D

Actually, my singing talents were first realized by Shiny and Reshma, who were sitting at the front of me and Shan in the classroom. I used to sing all the time with Shan during the class hours. It was so much fun and off-course to get some girl followers ;) Yeah, every boys are actually same to some extend. All are so enthusiastic to impress girls. It was just the first year and we needed some girl friends apart form Rachel and Stacy. :) I think Reshma and Shiny really enjoyed that and if they didn't please excuse me and Shan now :) So that's how my singing talents got boosted. Yes Jenny, girl friends are a great asset. :) They made me famous in our classroom and even in the other departments too.

I have already told you that Deepu's guitar played a vital role in changing my life. It was our second year when Rethin brought a Guitar for Deepak. I haven't seen anything like that before, and so very excited. When Rethin played it for us, Uff ! I don't have words to express the feeling I had that time. I even wanted to learn it the very same day so that I can play "Nenjukkul Peythidum"(The best love song of that time). So this guitar made me more close to music and I became more passionate about it. Until then I just wanted to be a singer in my classroom but after this I really wanted to be a musician. Even-though Deepak was the student at first and offcourse Rethin was the teacher, eventually Deepak stopped learning and give studies more priority during exams. But me, on the other hand, was so addicted to this and continued from where Deepak stopped. :D So Rethin was my first and last guitar tutor. :) Yes, Jenny I have learned some basics and even with that I can make you fall in love. :P Hehe kidding, my friend :)

Till then the only English artist I knew who was alive was Michael Jackson and because of Rethin only, I started listening to more and more songs of other western artists. Actually I was going deeper into music. Slowly I lost interest in studies and was very determined of making an album someday.

Manthra on stage - Yup its me on the right-most

After someday's I heard our college day is coming. All my friends wanted me to sing. I too wanted to sing. So that I can impress Sasha. :D One day, a senior named Vivek came to our class and called Rethin, He wanted Rethin to play guitar in the program which they are organizing for the college day. A live music performance. I have heard before that Vivek is a singer. They were having actually a few other singers from our college too for the performance. So I thought there wont be any chance for me. But the next day, Vivek came for me and with him was Sharanya. They took me to an empty classroom and started auditioning. :D Hehe and I got selected. Therefore, I became one of the singer in their unnamed band. :) We were, around 10 in number. Ashwin was the keyboardist, but at that time we were not so close. We all practiced really well and somehow performed on stage on the college day. Prajith sir was our band manager :D We called ourselves "The Manthra". I still wonder how we could do it on stage. It was really funny. I still laugh when I see that video. So that was my first ever performance on stage. :D I wanted Sasha to see us performing, but since our performance was the last program, many have left by that time and only a few saw us. Thank god, she didn't see it :D. It was a disaster. Hehe.

To be continued.

So Jenny, I gotta get going now. Maths 4 exam on 6th Dec. I will go to Coimbatore tomorrow again but will be back soon and continue this story. Miss you till then. AdiĆ³s and Tener cuidado. :)