7 Dec 2013

Diary Entry - 16 "The Cinderella story"

Dear Jenny, I hope you are fine. As I promised, I am back. So what's up with thee? Hey, I wanna ask you something. Did you really like my stories? You sure you wanna keep on hearing my stuff? Well I guess its not so bad. You know, I can't invent new stories to make you comfortable. What I am telling you is true to best of my consciousness. So, I think you like it, your cute curious face is pushing me to tell the rest of my story. :D

Where we stopped? Yeah Manthra. The one thing that steered me to many great things. :) We all had so much fun working together. I could get close to some best people around. One of them was Sharanya. She is more like a elder sister to me. I call her didi(elder sister). She was from my place, so we became close in no time :) I think she is the only senior who is very close to me even now.

After performing at the stage, it was really a great experience. We all wanted to improve so badly and give the audience a better show in the next college day. Me and Rethin, did not stop, we continued practicing and recorded a few cover songs in my small camera and made it live on YouTube, and off-course we got some views and likes :D

Days passed, it was our third year and one day Rethin came with a lyrics in his hand. He said, he have taken it from the internet. It was written by a not so famous artist and he wanted to make the cover of the song. I agreed, but I never heard the song before and so he started teaching me the music progression of the song. It was very good music, very soothing and chilling kind of composition and lyrics. I really liked it and hence learned it so fast. I liked the title much more. It was named "Cinderella". Jenny, you know I was so obsessed with Sasha at that time and when I heard the name Cinderella, I started imaging Sasha in the Cinderella costume and that propelled me to learn the music so fast and record it as soon as possible. :D

Album art for Cinderella : Rethin on left and Ashwin on right

So we recorded the song in my camera and after finishing the recording, Rethin revealed a truth that the song was actually written and composed by himself. I was shocked Jenny, Oh god, I even felt like a minor heart attack. :D We were recording a new song till now? I was very happy Jenny. We recorded the song in a lot more better way, and shared on Facebook. Thank god, and many of our friends liked it. We were so glad. That's how Ashwin heard the song. He liked it and he said we can record this in a studio and make it more alive.

Rethin and Ashwin made me write lyrics for a popular english song for making it's malayalam cover and they said we will record both the songs together. Ashwin was not really a beginner in this field. He was already a professional in small scale so he knew a studio in his place where we could record the songs. Also Rethin, had a musical background. His father is a music director and professional guitarist. Actually I was the only one who is new to this whole thing. So, me and Rethin went to Ashwin's house and started making the background music for the two songs. It was one of the best moments of my life. His parents was so supporting unlike mine. :D We spend two days in his house. After setting the music and everything, we needed a name for the band and after so many name suggestions "The Imperfect Notes" came up. It was Rethin's idea to make it a long name just like "All American Rejects" :D and then we can call it as TIN by short. Jenny, that's how the Imperfect Notes was formed. :) The next day itself we recorded the two songs. The studio experience was so good. We recorded our songs at midnight. I really liked the sound engineer for his patience. So, Cinderella became very much alive from the Boss Studios. After recording I stayed with Sarath and Nitin at Sarath's house at Ernakulam. We had a blast in the next days. :)

Happy happy moments

Jenny, I will never forget this in my entire life. The moments I had at Ashwin's house and my first studio recording experience. If I am anything now, it's all because of Rethin. Off-course, whoever know me in my college, knows me as a singer and I am so proud of that and moreover I am always obliged to Rethin and Ashwin for that. Also all my friends who have supported us. With this I am concluding today's story Jenny. I will see you tomorrow. Take care till then.